Tuesday, June 30, 2026

Surviving

Doing The Best We Can

It's hard to know how to handle life. We are constantly sad and yet have to still continue to live. For Brad's birthday one of the things we decided to do was read some dad jokes. I found this book for Brad when I was in Fredericksburg, and thankfully did not wait to give it to him, so he did get to enjoy reading some of them. We also watched Last Man Standing, which was the go-to comedy that we loved watching together. He had a lot of favorite movies, so we have worked our way through them on various days.





Chess has become an easy and free pastime.
More for Makin than Lorelei, but they both decided to try playing on an app while we were at the hotel on the way up to the Nebraska service. I'm not big on screen time, but tolerating a little extra for now.
It was good to see them enjoying something together.

Nice to look at the football field from the Senior Stahl's front porch.
Brad had some amazing memories playing on this field.

Heather was gracious enough to let us stay at her place on the way home from Nebraska.
Lorelei always loves her time with Reese.

Ah, chess in real life.
Lorelei studying up because her brother is playing way more
than she is, so she is trying to be able to compete.

Movie Night on Father's Day

I've had this note up in the cabinet for a long time now.
Of course, now it makes me cry, but I'm thankful I have it.

It has been hard to get back into my Bible time routine.
This particular morning I think was the first good Bible time since June 1,
so I was thankful for that.

Watson's ears got some bad mats, so he had to get a severe cut.
This is the first picture where he is starting to look more like himself.

Makin found a great deal on a drone on Facebook Marketplace. He purchased one in anticipation of his business plan he is planning on kicking off this school year. He has had a great time practicing/learning how to use the drone. In this picture he is showing Lorelei some of his footage.







Lorelei has volunteered at ManeGait a couple of times. Thankful for her friends there who are very supportive.


No comments:

Post a Comment