Saturday, December 1, 2012

Some New Traditions

We have a couple of new Christmas traditions this year. So far, LOVING it. :)

Advent book and wreath. Brad's family did this growing up and he remembers it well. Although my family didn't do them every night, I was definitely in charge of lighting these candles in church every Wednesday and Sunday in December. My mom regrets not doing this with us, so made sure to send us the devotional booklets, wreath and candles this year. The kids love it, and I love taking a few minutes to read and celebrate the importance of Jesus' birth every single day!

Christmas Surprise activities each day.  I'm not big on a little elf bringing fun every day in December, but watching my VA Beach friends and all of their Christmas events really made me love the idea of a special activity each day, so we decided to do our own spin on it, minus the elf. ;) You will be seeing posts with these activities throughout the upcoming weeks. It is a mix of family fun, crafts, helping others, and a few others. Lorelei is LOVING the surprise every day factor! Each morning she pulls out a paper (this year I just stuck slips of paper in an advent calendar we already had, I will have to upgrade when she knows how to read!) and we read what the surprise for the day is. Boy am I having a hard time keeping my mouth shut, as we usually discuss these types of things for weeks/days as they are coming up. Lorelei is telling every one she sees about our special tree and the papers of fun activities. It just warms my heart how much fun they are already having and how excited they are.

2 comments:

  1. Love your new traditions!! The Christmas surprise activity everyday is such a hit here. My kids are always so excited to wake up each morning.

    ReplyDelete