Thursday, June 5, 2014

Fishing

The library was crazy enough to have fishing as one of their summer activities. I was crazy enough to take three kids. I thought it would be a piece of cake but boy was I in for a work out. The parks and recreations workers were a HUGE help and total lifesaver helping cast and putting extra worms on hooks...but it sure would have been easier if I was any good at casting! :) We actually were there early and Mr. H called us over to start, so the kids lasted close to an hour and a half fishing! Drue caught two fish and my kids didn't catch any! :) Drue's brothers are going to take her the next time the go fishing thats for sure. :) Makin said, "I love fishing!" so its definitely something their dad may take them to enjoy if we ever get around to buying fishing poles! :)

Showing them how to cast. They actually got the hang of it decently...at least as good as me!

Can't you just picture whats going on in these librarians heads???
Putting worms on hooks was not what we signed up for in librarian school!



This was hands down the best part of their day. They loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment