Saturday, August 2, 2014

1C VBS

1C had a two-evening VBS and it included preschoolers, so this is also Makin's first VBS! :)
At first Makin told me he did not want me to leave, but as soon as Michelle showed up he was fine. They had more than enough helpers and not a lot of kids, so I went home and power tidied the first night and Brad and I went out to eat the second night. Michelle said both kids were very intent at listening to the stories and great at asking/answering questions and participating. Makin loved reporting to me at the end of each, "Mom! We watched a movie!" (Their choice for the Bible stories for VBS.)

They had songs around a campfire, made lion masks (for the parade mid-August the kids are totally pumped to be in, and the song will be playing "Gods Not Dead"...in the song it also says, "He's roaring like a lion" so Lorelei is more than thrilled about that part. :) I'm sure you will see the lions in the parade posted in a couple of weeks. The game they are playing in the bottom pictures they are wearing shower caps and throwing Cheetos to get them to stick. 
No idea how this ties in, because I was not helping, but it looks like they had fun! :) 
(Ellorie's mom actually took the pictures and was kind enough to email them to me!)


Love and so blessed by our church family!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment