Thursday, March 12, 2015

Makin At 4 1/2

Makin is so proud to be 4 1/2. He continues to be my energetic sweetheart. He still runs full force and loves anything athletic. He also loves his mommy cuddles and is a great little side-kick when we have our one-on-one time.

One particularly sweet moment of his would be at bedtime. He gives a regular smooch, followed by Eskimo, butterfly, and then any he makes up after that..monkey, giraffe, pig, etc. as well as a squeezie hug of course.

He has improved with his school attitude for the most part. I have introduced a little more reading and he is starting to get the hang of it. So far we are working on it only once or twice a week and very low key. I want him to love reading, but also want him to realize his potential and that he is capable of pushing himself to learn new things.

His memory still amazes me. I often ask him to remember something for me because his memory is much better than mine!

He did great for his latest Y Move Jr. class, so I was relieved he was more comfortable on his own going to class. He continues to love storytime.

He is very aware of how people are feeling - at the first sign of unhappiness he will ask, "Are you mad? Are you frustrated?"

He corrects you if you add/miss a word in a book that he knows well.

He is measuring at 44 inches tall, which means he grew 1 3/4 inches in the last 6 months.

Quotable Moments:

Me: Are you saying I wouldn't be a good spy!?
Makin: (whisper) Kind of...

Me: What was the best part of your day?
Makin: Organizing.

(Pushing a squeaky cart in Walmart.)
"They know we're comin'!"

"Is this an upper-case heart?"

"Her (Lorelei) room is a disaster area!"

Makin: I'm gonna live by you someday.
Me: Great, then I can help you if you need it.
Makin: Yes, you can babysit my baby when Drue and I go on a date. We can go to Red Lobster.

Me: Those socks don't match.
Makin: They are orange. That's almost red.

"Mom, when you frown like that you need night cream on your eyebrows and your nose."

(Toy Kitchen)
Me: Oh, its delicious!
Makin: Your welcome. Do you want the recipe?


"Mom. Those cookies were good. You should get the recipe."

"Let's get ready to rumble!"

"Guys, I don't know if they make these, but I'm just checking. Do they make sleds with rocket boosters?"

(Part of prayer.) "Thank you for trucks. So we don't have to walk and make our feet get tired. Or so we don't get hungry or thirsty. For water. Or juice. Or milk. Or lemonade."

"When I grow up, I'm going to drive a monster truck."

"Remember Mom, the nicer something looks, the more expensive it is."

Makin: Henry has a shirt like this.
Me: Who is Henry?
Makin: (sad and serious) He's a troublemaker.


Makin: I don't like gravity.
Me: Why?
Makin: Because I want to float.

1 comment:

  1. Such a sweet boy! Love all of his sayings, especially the gravity comment.

    ReplyDelete