Friday, August 14, 2015

Texas Once Again

Well, I'm not sure whether we are writing books or chapters at this point, but whatever you want to call it, we are starting another new one.

Movin'
We stayed with Aunt Heather on our drive south. The kids were thrilled to meet her new(ish) dog Lou. They also loved swimming at the apartment pool that night and special donuts for breakfast.















Around The House
The kids have done AMAZINGLY at keeping themselves entertained the last month or so with packing and unpacking. Quite honestly I'm just so impressed I cannot believe it. They have had arguments and melt downs occasionally, but way less than I would have expected with all the lack of attention and change coming their way.

(I typed this part about week or so ago, and have to add that there have been more melt downs following. Not sure if it was just a delay about the change or if they are more anxious about the new things coming up quickly. But, all will settle down soon!)




Fun With Friends
We jumped right in to play dates after a few days of unpacking. I'm telling myself I need to take my time to unpack...just hope that mentality can last. Its just so important that all of us have fun to keep sane along with all the chaos that the move brings.

When you move to Texas in August...there isn't much to do other than swim, swim, swim! :)

Hughes' community pool - Lorelei finally got brave enough to jump in after watching her friends do it many times!

Ok...one day we didn't swim. Hot Wheels track and face paint indoors!
Having fun in the Armstrong's pool!

School Prep
Intertwined with unpacking, play dates and every day life (those clothes and dishes don't wash themselves just because I need to unpack!?!) we are trying to get prepared for school. Back to school shopping and meetings I have needed to attend as a co-teacher for Lorelei have made our schedule a bit crazy. I cannot say how excited it also makes me. I have always felt 100% sure this is the school I wanted, but going to these meetings has made me exceptionally pumped. I'm beyond thrilled to see what the year brings and really can't wait for both kids to make even more friends. I'm also a bit overwhelmed. My usual prep work would involve having all of our school supplies nice and organized and have our school room ready for her very first day...that is not likely! I'll do a separate post on University Model schooling soon!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a great transition so far!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun that you're reunited with all of your Texas friends! It looks like you've settled back in without missing a beat. Your house looks great and Lou is adorable. :-)

    ReplyDelete