Monday, February 22, 2016

Florida Visit

Although we have a very strict "vacations" budget in 2016, Brad decided it was important I visit my grandparents in Florida. And soon. We found the cheapest tickets we have ever purchased and it was officially decided. Grandpa passed away before we made the trip, but we were glad to go and visit my grandma.

So, Heather, Mom and I flew out together and had a girl's trip.

It had been a while since we took a trip just the three of us. ;)


My grandma's memory continues to deteriorate so it makes each visit hard and happy sad (my sister's appropriate wording choice). We are happy to spend time with her, but it reminds you how much has changed. She is very lonely and missing my grandpa, so we were glad we got a few days to bring a little cheer her way.

When you get together with Mom's family, its lots of talking and wine. My aunt and uncle are so used to being host and hostess and he prepares feasts every night. Cannot complain one bit. ;) We enjoyed lots of time catching up. One of mom's cousins happened to be visiting Florida at the same time so it was great to see even more family.

Arrival evening fun. Vanessa (my youngest cousin) takes piano and loved a chance to see mom play.
Top right: Mom is showing Grandma a video of my uncle's dog.

My amazing, talented sister with our luggage.
It took a trip to Vegas without us. She is the reason we got it back!
Spend your money on a carry-on if you fly Spirit. The rumors are true.



Evening two, fish fry by Chef Brian, beautiful piano music (my grandma loves hearing Mom play)
and evening with a fire pit.

We fit in two beach trips. This is #2, both times I got to read a book. Pretty awesome. :)


Family time with more cousins. :) Afternoon/evening #3.

Smiles with one of our favorite ladies.

Fitting in a quick pizza supper before Aunt Heather and Nana headed back to Edmond that night.
Super-Dad survived his time juggling kiddos/school/gymnastics/work and they all had fun. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment