Thursday, December 7, 2017

Jewel Concert Surprise

You may remember that Lorelei has LOVED Jewel for at least a couple of years now. She listens to her lullaby CD most nights. She believes Jewel has the "prettiest voice in the world."

I was elated when a little Pandora notification popped up on my phone a few months ago. This is totally a God-thing because I typically don't look at a thing that comes up on my phone. Really. Sure enough Jewel was having a concert in our area! She is not usually touring so I was really not sure Lorelei would ever see her in concert! Brad and I were so excited to surprise her with this.

When she got home from school I was holding up a pink posterboard telling her to go to the mailbox. After she bolted to the mailbox she didn't have the screaming reaction we pictured from our usually exuberantly loud daughter. I think she was partially stunned speechless! :)

We loved having this special girl's night together. She had a great "first concert" and still thinks Jewel hung the moon. Now Jewel's holiday CD is playing each night. :)



There were a few craft stations when you entered so L made a card.

Such great seats!



Final song with the fam, "Let It Snow" and it started snowing on stage! So fun!

Sidenote: I loved learning more of Jewel's story and seeing her family with her on stage. Her dad and brothers are now famous as they are on Alaska: The Last Frontier. However she does get her musical talents from her dad and her brothers are musicians as well. Such a fun performance!


Such a great memory I'm glad we get to share together. It was so special to get to make one of her dreams come true!

1 comment:

  1. That is AMAZING! Great photo of you two, as well! She looks so grown up. I'm so happy for her that she got to see one of her favorite artists live and in person. What a treasure of a memory she'll have forever. Glad you enjoyed it, too! The 90s girl in me was so jealous!

    ReplyDelete