Sunday, September 16, 2018

Lorelei At Ten

I have to admit, I'm extra emotional about this one. I look back at the posts each birthday and realize I comment how hard it is for me to believe you are this old. But this old?!?! Double Digits. A decade. Ten years ago you made me mommy. Its so hard for me to think of how grown up you have become over those ten years. As I was feeling nostalgic and looking back I found one of your many, many adorable quotes and I'm trying to let your wise words at age 3 1/2 help me now too..."When I was talking about how grown up you are getting and saying it makes me sad you are getting so old you said, "It okay. I still gonna be Lorelei." "

Okay, here we go...At TEN you...

Still love the outdoors, animals and art. These are all just such a huge part of you and that has not changed one bit.

Are a bookworm. In your spare time you love to go off and read. You mostly read books about animals but honestly are up to trying almost any book. It makes me so excited and proud of you that you are such an avid reader.

Love friend time. No matter how many times we get together, you want every moment to keep going and cannot get enough time with your friends. You are also very good at welcoming new friends.  As you have new classmates each year, you make it your goal to include them.

Are still enthusiastic and energetic about all of your passions. This enthusiasm is something I often take for granted. Each day is still an adventure for you.

Adore hula dancing and all things Hawaiin. You love to teach friends your hula routine and cannot wait to go to Hawaii someday. Right now you say that is where you will go to college.

Wear me out every day. You still have a short fuse and we work daily on self-control. You have such a good heart but your temper often gets the better of you.

Have great ideas.

Are still quite tall. You reached the 5 foot mark when we measured you on your birthday.

Work daily on your persuasive tactics.


Quotable Moments:

Me: Count sheep. Pretend they are jumping over a fence as you count them.
L: You mean they are escaping?!

(Brad and I attempt to explain something about Catholics and Saints...)
"Wait, does that mean they pray to St. Bernards?"

"Can I just have one more hug and kiss? That way our hearts aren't broken."

"Maybe we can take him to a Robologist." (Robot doctor)

L: What license plate is that?
B: I think it's New Mexico.
L: Ohhh I want to see if they look Spanish!

Me: If my name was Steward I would want people to call me Stew.
L: Then people would want to eat you.






Lorelei's Ten Year Interview

Favorites -
Food: Spaghetti
Place: Clearwater Marine Aquarium and Pet Stores, anything with animals
Movie/TV Show: Dolphin Tale I and II, Winter The Dolphin That Can
Color: Pink and Purple
Thing To Do: Read and Ride Horses
Animal: Dog, Cat, Horse, Dolphin
Books: Winter the dolphin books, High Hurdles series, Dog/Horse Diaries
Song: Songs by Jewel
Treat: Killer Brownies
Holiday: Christmas

What do you like to do with Daddy? massaging backs, coloring

What do you like to do with Mommy? coloring, pedicures, reading books

What do you like to do with Makin? playing cats dogs, Mixels (Legos), playing outside

What makes you happy? animals

What do you think about before you fall asleep? riding horses

What do you want to be when you grow up? I want to be three things. A person that works at Clearwater Marine Aquarium, Petco and a Horse Jumper in the Olympics.


No comments:

Post a Comment