Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Wrapping Up Summer Fun - Aqua Park, Pool Time and Watermelon Day

Aqua Park
We wanted to end summer with some extra fun so Brittany and I decided to try the local aqua park. We all had a great time but boy was this old lady sore a few days after from all that climbing!


Sometimes you just gotta take a mom's selfie. :)



So this picture above has a story. This is a "seesaw" that was very challenging to climb up onto. I tried multiple times to help Lorelei climb up by trying to push her up from in the water where I couldn't touch while she tried to pull herself up...this stuff is bigger than it looks so this was quite the challenge. She and I had gotten beyond frustrated after two separate attempts and I just said she was not going to be able to do it. I went to get some requested water from the nearby building and when I got back out this is what I saw - Brittany on the seesaw with Savannah, Makin and Lorelei, all with big smiles. What in the world? "We just climbed up before her and then helped pull her up from up here." So many emotions for me with this, especially these two... how thankful I am for a friend who cares enough to help her as well as the fact that sometimes we need to reevaluate and think of taking on a challenge a different way.


Pool Time
Between camps and travel we haven't gotten as much pool time this summer which has me a bit disappointed but I'm just trying to remember its okay for it to be different from the last several summers. Who knows what next summer will bring. :) Just a couple more pics from the pool I had to add. :)

Dolphin Training





Watermelon Day
Still keeping the tradition but getting fewer photo moments with these older kiddos!

No comments:

Post a Comment