Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Makin at 9 1/2

Makin you keep growing even though I tell you to stop!

You continue to love Legos and sports.

You are all about Harry Potter and keep re-reading the books. This also includes wanting to have Harry Potter hair. You also like to listen to a HP podcast while you shower.












You are growing a lot in your knowledge of finances. You listen to the Dave Ramsey podcast during your shower which gives you a lot of insight added to our own family lessons. I have a little story about this...We took a trip to Hobby Lobby where you deliberated quite a long time about buying a remote car (one that does a whole bunch of stuff your current cars don't do of course) with your money. You decided not to buy it. That night at supper you said your low was "reality" because you knew you wanted to spend money on things coming up and didn't want to use up what you had saved in case you wanted to spend it there. Your next plan? "I need a consistent income. Something you need every day. Can I do the dishes?" (Yes, I let you do the dishes several days, and no you haven't done this every day, but it was still a great moment!)




You are a picky reader. :)
Redwall is one of the only series
I can get you to read besides HP.
Quotable Moments:

(Working on his state quarter collection)
Makin: Idaho is going to be hardest to find I think.
Me: Why?
Makin: Because it's not a really popular state.

Me: Does it smell like apple pie yet?
Makin: It smells like paradise.

Makin: Do you know what happens to an oyster to make a pearl? It is sad.
Me: Why is that sad?
Makin: Well, because I wouldn't want sand in my clothes.








Using your Harry Potter wand to read outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment