Thursday, September 29, 2022

Makin At Twelve

Twelve! You are our engineering-minded, kind- hearted child who keeps us smiling.

You love gadgets.

You love Husker football...which comes with a bit of frustration right now!

You love golf. You love to golf with your dad and get that one-on-one time.

You are still a huge Lego fan! Your interest had slowed down a bit, but now you are more interested in making some of your own creations.

You love to read, but are a picky reader, mostly only interested in fantasy. It takes a lot to get you to try a different genre. Thankfully there are many amazing fantasy books out there and we are thankful for an awesome library nearby! You are a huge fan of audiobooks and listen to one almost constantly in your spare time.

You don't particularly love learning, which can be a struggle. You are pretty content with the 5th grade level of education so we have to remind you that to be an engineer you are going to need to keep learning! ;)

You enjoy plants and gardening and get a special thrill when people love any food you grow. You don't like spicy food, but it brings you so much joy when your dad says your peppers or jalapenos are super spicy.

You love to make up games and play almost any game.

You love to be funny.


Quotable Moments:

Brad: I need to work. I don't really have a choice.

Makin: Yes you do, it's America.


(Referring to his two-year-old self...)

"Why did I need cookies to sled!? Now I'd PAY cookies to sled!"


M: She's a millennial.

Mom: How do you know that!?

M: She looks a little younger than you.

Mom: You know some people would say I'm a millennial.

M: You're an Xennial.


"Turns out I'm not that good with pillowcases."


"Life just keeps getting harder doesn't it?"


"So how often should we make dirt? Every day, every other day?"


Mom: You can make breakfast...pancakes.

Makin: I think that's a little out of my skill set.


Makin: (filling out Mad Libs) Name a celebrity. 

Mom: Candace Cameron Burre

Makin: (Long pause...) That's a long name. I'll put CCB.


"Poor Matt. He always gets stepped on."


Mom: (Makin unhappy about trying on so many clothes) You'll be fine. 

Makin: Or will I?


"I have a question, but I think this one you're gonna like."


(Sarcastically, as I'm telling him how excited I am to do vocabulary words in grammar...) "I always wanted to be a traveling dictionary."


Makin's Twelve Year Interview

Favorites -
Food: Pesto Stuffed Shells
Place: Universal, Main Event and Home
Movie/TV Show: Sonic/Ninjago
Color: Neon Green
Thing To Do: Read/Listen to audiobooks, Build with Legos
Animal: Frosty (my parakeet) and a hawk
Books: Harry Potter, Percy Jackson, Kane Chronicles, Story Thieves
Song: Unstoppable, Legend, Revolution, Higher - The Score; Lets Do This - Outskrts
Treat: Better Than Anything Cake, Dirt, Jelly Beans, Vanilla Bean Scones
Holiday: Christmas

What do you like to do with Dad? Build Legos, golf, watch football

What do you like to do with Mom? Read books, play games

What do you like to do with Lorelei? Play games, build Legos, try out creative ideas

What makes you happy? building Legos, reading and listening to audio books, playing laser tag, playing paintball, watching football


What do you think about before you fall asleep? I just let my mind wander.


What do you want to be when you grow up? Mechanical engineer

No comments:

Post a Comment