Sunday, December 4, 2022

The Big 4-0

I enjoyed a weekend away this year to celebrate turning 40.


My first stop was Oklahoma City to celebrate with my sister, who has had to put up with me almost as long as anyone in the last 40 years. ;)

We enjoyed a night out.

We met up with Christi for breakfast the next morning...who sadly, I did not get a picture with.









Then I headed to Wichita to meet up with Michelle! It had been way too long since we have gotten to spend time together so the birthday weekend was a great chance to meet up. Her birthday is the day after mine, so it was a birthday celebration for us both!






We enjoyed the amazing walk-through lights at the botanical gardens.

Enjoyed dressing up for a night out.

Yum!

Loved celebrating with you Michelle!

Then a short(ish) drive back to Oklahoma City to spend an evening at Heather's place where she had a cozy guest room complete with a festive tree as well as a super-yummy meal.  Although Christi couldn't make it due to illness, a long-time family friend, Kara, joined us for supper and it was so nice to see her and to have someone else enjoy all of Heather's cooking!




Hadn't seen each other since my wedding!

Yum!

Loved celebrating with you Heather and Kara!

Note...I was sick for basically this entire trip...possibly the c-word which I then gave to Heather as well, (Christi blames her co-workers for her illness...) although I just thought it was a nasty cold? As Heather put it, "You now know you have friends willing to get sick for you!" We will focus on that positive factor I suppose!?

No comments:

Post a Comment