Saturday, July 18, 2009

Great Deals


Well I must start off by saying I LOVE CRAIGSLIST!!! It is wonderful around here. I know it isn't as exciting for those of you not in the city, but for us it has been great! I have been looking for a Laugh and Learn Home for a couple of months. Lorelei seemed to really enjoy it when playing at our friends, Lily and Sara's house, so I knew it would be a hit. It is apparently quite the hot item though, because each time I found one on Craigslist they had already sold it! Checking multiple times finally paid off and we got one for a great price. :)

I then looked for garage sales that I knew had chilren's toys (you can put that into the search on craigslist) and then picked some that sounded promising in our area. We had a very successful morning garage saling, and Brad was thrilled to find some computer parts that he will resell. (hopefully soon as I was not thrilled about this sitting around the house, but he does have a good plan. :) ) The best find probably was the toy box. We plan to either re stain or paint it but for now it serves its purpose!



The puppy is actually from my sister and she loves it! She is starting to get a bit more attached to her stuffed animals. She probably gives them more hugs than she does her parents! :)

Low: having to figure out how to get a smaller gas tank for the grill - much more work than we thought it would be!

Highs: well finding great deals, obviously! :) ; spending Friday with Sara and Lily - the girls had fun playing together (of course forgot my camera, but you can click on her blog to see a cute video, she is a "follower" on our blog) and we had a great time exchanging recipes and just having other adult conversation!; helping Mirinda register at BRU and finding some more good deals on a couple of fall dresses at the consignment store!

Here is what my sister showed me from a book after I told her about our weekend...thought it would be a good quote for this post. :)

"I can't believe I bought three pairs of shoes at one time. You're a bad influence" - Jenna

"They were on sale" - Lucy

One pair was on sale - Jenna

You saved money on the one, so it's not like buying them."

"It's not?"

"No," Lucy said in reasonable tones. "It's like saving on them. So look at it that way: you only bought two pairs. And one of them's for the wedding. Those you were obligated to buy. Really, you only bought one pair."

"Your logic is wise. And confusing." - Jenna

No comments:

Post a Comment