Sunday, August 1, 2010

Fun Friday

It was a lot of fun to look forward to Friday this week. The weather was FINALLY supposed to cool down to reasonable temps so we could get outside. Thursday night we had a huge storm and even had to keep an eye out for funnel clouds forming above our heads. I did notice the "rules" for tornado's are a bit different around here when it comes to it being a "watch" or "warning." A bit different from living in tornado country. :) Thankfully no tornado's actually formed and we survived the night fine other than a few nerves.

Anyway, this was all part of the cold front coming in. Lorelei and I started the morning hitting up two garage sales and then made a trip to the park. Much needed since we have not been able to go much lately in this heat! I enjoyed it so much and Lorelei didn't mind drying off the slides for everyone else and enjoyed playing in the wet muddy mulch. Gotta say I'm pretty thankful she doesn't mind getting her hands (and everything else) dirty. She also enjoyed climbing up a slanted (not straight up...) rock hill several times and this was a proud feat for her. The other cute moment from this was when she decided to go over to a picnic table. She then told me "snack" and when I said it was in the car she said "get" and then I asked if she wanted to come with me she said "back" telling me she was okay and I would be right back. It is so amusing having these little conversations with her!

Then after coming home and playing a bit and grabbing some lunch, we headed to Dairy Queen for a MOMS event. Only one other mom showed up but at least we got to enjoy some ice cream! While we were waiting she kept saying "oreo" and then when she was sitting with me and the moms were visiting she said "back", got down and said "see-ya". :) Will try and get the chatty one on video sometime soon!

Well we have finally hit the "I want to take stuffed animals with me" phase and I have made at least two trips back up the stairs to get her puppy (for some reason the one with the bunny ears is now her favorite car companion). Thankfully this time she remembered them right away and brought her horse ("neigh", never attempts to use the word "horse") along as well.






Enjoying our ice cream.

Then of course home for nap and then hung out a bit until Brad came home early (went in early to work) and we headed out to the Botanical Gardens. Yes, we were really pumped about the cooler weather. :) We enjoyed visiting the Storybook Forest and Lorelei loved all the playhouses. She also loved stopping at each garden gnome she found...and as you can see there were quite a few! There was some fun wooden play equipment also. Unfortunately I did not do my research and thought the garden closed at 9 but as we were finishing up at the old woman's shoe a man came around to tell us to head out as it was closing in 15 minutes...well this is a major problem when you pass by Old MacDonald's on the way out with an awesome horse swing made out of tires...we gave her a 30 second ride and then put her screaming into the stroller then proceeded to power walk (yes remember ultra pregnant woman power walking) back to the car. The sounds of toddler's tantrums became harmonious as we walked to the car so at least we were not alone...sure is different from the peaceful walk you enjoy going in!

I'm crossing my fingers it might not rain Monday and we can head back after my Dr. appointment and get a chance to see the butterflies and spend some time at Old MacDonald's place. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment