Thursday, August 12, 2010

Playgroup Swimming


Wednesday we were able to enjoy playgroup at CarolAnn's backyard. She is the grandma of the group who is generous enough to watch her grandkids full time. Lorelei was very excited to go as soon as I told her about it and was ready to drag me out the door immediately. She loves spending time with her "friens." :)

They have an AMAZING backyard with a huge swing-set complete with fort etc, also a huge swimming pool with a slide (we didn't go in as I did not want to wear my suit and swim) and also a kiddie pool where Lorelei spent most of her time. Not to mention the outdoor deck and bar area. :) We started out on the swings but then as soon as a few more friends arrived we got ready for the pool. Lorelei had lots of fun. I roasted as the temps and humidity were high, but at least I had my feet in the water. :) As you can see we have she and Kira in their sunglasses as well as her trying to give an Ernie toy to baby Leah to play with. She also got a floaty I had told her was for babies and gave it to me to put Leah in. :) Very sweet. It was a nice way to spend 2 hours but boy I'm ready to stay inside until some temps cool down!

One cute story from that night was when Brad was home that evening he was playing the "which hand is it in?" game with Lorelei (she loves it) and then she was also doing it to him. She cracked us up when she concentrated very hard to hide the item under her foot (of course we are watching this whole thing) and then show him it was not in either hand. :) Then the next morning she was doing the game again and proceeded to toss the item behind her and show "not in my hands!" :)

No comments:

Post a Comment