Monday, July 18, 2011

Just Trying To Stay Cool

Monday we headed out to try out a new spray park. I had gotten the name of another big one from a fellow mom so decided we should make that our outing of the day.It took more time to get the kids ready and drive there and back than we actually spent playing in the water, but it was great to get out and at least I didn't have to worry about them over-doing it in this heat.

Makin had no trouble just walking out and getting sprayed. I'm thinking next year I'll just be able to sit back and try and keep an eye on him! This year though, he wants me out getting soaked with him, so I have learned to wear a swimsuit. :) Lorelei enjoys it, but would probably have more fun and stay longer if she had friends to play with there. Her favorite spot is probably standing under the cones and then getting a bucket/cone of water dumped on her. :)


They also had a HUGE playground Lorelei was dying to dry, so we'll probably try that out in the fall. (Ha or maybe winter at this rate!)

P.S. Today would have been the pre op appointment and also when my mom would come to help for Makin's surgery. Cannot tell you how glad I was to be doing this instead. :)

1 comment:

  1. Yay for water fun! And extra yay for water fun instead of a pre-op appointment. :-)

    ReplyDelete