Sunday, January 19, 2014

Ice Skating

Ever since we attempted ice skating when Lorelei was three, she has been looking forward to being five so she could try again.

January seemed like a good time to fit in an ice skating trip...sort of a winter fun bucket list item. Of course, Makin wanted to skate as well. When it comes to the Stahl children, three is not a good age for ice skating! :) He made it about 1/4 of the way around (if even that!) and was ready to be DONE. Actually about the same distance his big sis did when she was three but I made her go all the way around the rink. :) He had fun watching with Daddy (who we determined back in college is not gifted in the ice skating dept so we didn't even waste time renting him skates) who bought him a popcorn.






Alea said she was game to skate with us, so she met us in Fremont. I was VERY thankful for the 3:2 ratio for this outing. Lorelei went around many times with the "walker" and then the last 20-30 minutes she skated holding Alea and My's hands. She got to be pretty trusting that we would not let her fall and got pretty goofy and giggly towards the end. Somehow both of us managed to keep our balance so she was one blessed 5 year old with no hard falls! :) She tried it several times with no assistance because she wanted to be able to do it on her own, but after going short distances, decided she needed some help.

I may or may not add some videos with Brad's help. Sometimes its just not worth waiting and I have yet to learn myself! My apologies, another goal for myself I suppose! :)

1 comment: