Sunday, January 5, 2014

New Years and January Nana and Papa Visit

Our New Years Eve Day went about par for the rest of the year, but looking at the bright side, we have a big enough vehicle for me to tote around five kids if needed! We spent the day renting a car, selling our car to someone via craigslist, and then buying a mini van. It has a few little problems but considering we got it for less than our car, we think we found a great deal. The space was much-needed. We had planned to attend the 1C New Years Eve party, but since Makin missed a nap because of the crazy day (our van was in Lincoln, so all previous mentioned chaos, plus 3 hrs drive time) we decided we better get them to bed rather than celebrate.

Thankfully we had reason to celebrate the next day because Nana and Papa came for a visit! :) We celebrated the end of New Years Day with champagne and sparkling grape juice (not M, he just had juice) so at least it seemed a little extra special! :)



We enjoyed just chillin' around the house Thursday. It was much needed.

Friday we drove my dad to the airport as he was flying to Wisconsin to pick up my grandparent's old car. he had a whirlwind trip while we enjoyed visiting the zoo with Nana.

It was VERY cold, so we didn't venture very far. A visit to the aquarium and rain-forest were just right. Top - looking at sting rays, Bottom right - amazing fish mom saw, we decided to call it a scarf fish :), Bottom left - baby hippo! :) As far as I know first I've seen!

Love You Nana! :)

Kids at the top of the waterfall, Makin and I crossing the rope bridge, and then kids at the bottom of the waterfall. :)

Saturday was spent with Mom and I going out for coffee and a few errands, followed by an afternoon of cooking! Reason #8,955 my mom is amazing, she spends all afternoon on her vacation helping me cook and then doing the dishes from cooking to boot. I feel a lot better having some meals set in the freezer for the craziness I expect from the next month. Dad made it back and we all enjoyed a night out, which I failed to take any pictures of. :)

Thanks for a nice visit Nana and Papa! :)

3 comments:

  1. We have got to see that zoo! Looks like fun times with Nana & Papa. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda, you do!!! It's awesome!
    Love the pic of mom and dad with the kids, and you and mom! :) So fun!

    ReplyDelete