Thursday, October 9, 2014

Bits Of Fun

We often have these little moments that I don't always feel are blog worthy, but then I change my mind...here are a few from the last several weeks...



One of my favorite pictures of the kids. As I posted on fb, "Just a knight rescuing a princess and taking her to the castle!"




I have been loving having a little more balance with some "me time" and adult time lately...its so important and I really neglect it trying to make time for everything that needs to get done!

A few of those moments have been...going to Target/Starbucks and Hobby Lobby in Norfolk with Sarah (we each only had one kid...so much less crazy!), attending Women Of Faith in Lincoln with some amazing ladies and listening to incredible speakers, getting a hair cut for the first time since last December, having the Walls (Sarah's family) over for supper where the kids played and grown ups got to chat over a glass of wine, MOPS meeting, and a movie night with ladies from church to watch the movie Mom's Night Out. It has been such a weird feeling having this time to myself, I know its good for me!


Since I'm trying to make Fridays a little special, I asked Makin what he wanted to do for our date. It was very cold, so the bike ride I have been wanting to do wasn't an option that day. Makin said, "Get yogurt raisins." The way to a man's heart is through his stomach. :) We got our treats and enjoyed them at the little restaurant in Hyvee.












One of my favorite times on T/Th is the 45 minutes between dropping L off and Y Move Jr. Its so fun to just set that time aside to play with Makin. It usually involves balls or cars. This particular morning was catch. And no, I did not ask him to pose like that, that was all on his own.












We had about 3 days with a little warm stretch in the 70s. A friend from storytime told me how to get to the river (I always drove over it and wondered how people got there) so we made a last-minute decision when at the park to head down the path and check it out. The kids reactions were priceless. Running around with huge smiles saying "Thank you for bringing me to the beach!" Yes, I did explain it was not the actual beach, but they did not care. The sand and water combo just made them elated to be there. Drue stayed relatively dry but my kids ended up soaked from running through the shallow water. They are so excited to go back when its warmer. A little side note...we don't watch the news or read the paper, but I was later informed that there was a mountain lion seen at a lake very close to here...and as I thought back to it I saw some tracks in the sand but just assumed they were someone's dog out for a walk...as much as I was tempted to take them back the next day, I decided we better wait out the mountain lion!


Daddy/Daughter Snuggles

















Lorelei looked at the top pic and said, "Wow I look really big there!" Exactly! Just love how this girl can be so content coloring...I don't always love that she colors in the middle of where everyone needs to walk while we are getting ready (pretty sure this was a Sunday morning) but there was just something about how she was crossing her feet and contently coloring that made me have to take quick pic. :) She ignored me for the first several pics and then said, "I feel like someone is watching me."

1 comment:

  1. I think the small moments are the most blog worthy! They're the special times that can so easily be forgotten yet make such a huge impact on your days. Love all the pics and love that you're getting some grown up time for you! And I did see the field trip post but couldn't comment because I couldn't scroll down past the snake pics. :-)

    ReplyDelete