Thursday, October 2, 2014

First Field Trip

I am a field trip kinda lady. I loved planning and taking field trips as a teacher (Yes, even as a long term sub I got to take some!) and have been excited for my kids to have those adventures as well. Maybe I watched too much Mr. Rogers as a child...doesn't he make you feel like you are on a field trip to the crayola factory!? ;)

Lorelei's teacher had planned a trip to a science expo and I was the only parent who offered to drive! Thankfully with a class of 7 two vehicles were enough. I did miss out on her second field trip (which was the following day...Mrs. W had to book the science expo last spring and it happened to coincide with the high school musical) because there were enough parents of preschoolers who drove.

Brad had a "bring your son to work day" in our basement and it went well according to Brad's report. The basement looked like a tornado hit so the evidence supported that.

It was a 30 minute drive and I drove Lorelei with the two girls she said are her closer friends. They belted out the songs from the Frozen soundtrack the entire drive. Between there and back we listened to "Let It Go" five times. They were thrilled. :)

At the expo they enjoyed a "Snazzy Snakes" talk (sorry Melissa!) and then checked out various things such as Dino Dig, Bubbleology, Critter Corner (where she pet a tarantula...I didn't get a picture but wanted to mention that!), Annebell the milking cow (not a real one) and Panning for Gold. Then they watched a presentation with the "mad scientist."




Lorelei's favorite part of the field trip was seeing the snakes. Crazy girl. :)

First Field trip in the books!

No comments:

Post a Comment