Friday, January 16, 2015

Snow

The book "Snow" is one of our favorites. If you haven't read it, add it to your list! :)


We got more snow a while back, and it finally warmed up (not much) enough it didn't feel like parental neglect to let the kids play outside. Again, they are on such a roll playing together, they didn't even seem to mind I didn't go out with them. I cut carrots for supper and cleaned the bathroom while they played for 1 1/2 hours! They made the entire snowman themselves with the exception of me getting them the supplies. Makin came in (probably liking a chance to warm up!) asking for a carrot and raisens. We also added Nilla waifers for buttons and almonds for eyes. I also suggested the hat, scarf and mittens. :) They did such a great job building it on their own!

This is the part where "Snow" comes in...they said, "His name is Ned!"
I had to smile, it was the name of the snowman from the book. :)




A couple of days later they came in laughing with huge chunks of snow.
"We're saving it for another day!"
Another scene from the book.
I now have snow chunks in my freezer...maybe we have read the book too many times. ;)




More Fun In The Snow...


This girl just loves playing in the snow. There were many days she begged to go out and I just watched her from the window because it was too cold for my taste. This day, it finally warmed up to 40 something, so I braved it. The bottom right she said, "Look a snow guitar!" 

She has had a blast playing in the snow at school. As long as the temp/windchill is over 20 they go outside for recess. She has had so much fun building things with her classmates and teacher. From what I understand they have even had some extra-long recesses! Much deserved after weeks of not being able to go out!

When they made the snowman and I was taking pictures I asked Lorelei to give the snowman a kiss because I remembered this picture from when she was two, so had to throw it in. :)


And what does Makin love to do in the snow? Why, throw snowballs, of course! He had lots of fun throwing them at the fence, backyard, etc, and his mother of until she had enough.


And he managed to hit my camera multiple times. One of the times he just laughed and said, "Good thing it's waterproof!" :)

1 comment:

  1. What fun! Ned is a fabulous snowman and I love that you have snow chunks in your freezer. :-)

    ReplyDelete