Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Count Down

Only a few more days until lots of fun memories will be made. We can't wait! :)


The chain is dwindling...



The school work is done ahead...




And our toenails are specially painted.




We are looking forward to sunny skies, warm temperatures, palm trees, beach sand, time with my uncles, aunt, cousins, and best of all, my grandparents!!! This photo was taken Oct of 2012. I'm so thankful for this visit. It was our last time at their wonderful home and the last time with Grandma feeling "mostly" normal. It was right around this time she was starting to forget snippets of information. Things like cookies she used to bake. It was really bothering her, and she was a little quieter than normal, but it was still her. The last 14 months have been very hard on my grandparents because they moved to Florida but it doesn't feel like home to them. Then around Thanksgiving Grandma had unexpected surgery, which severely affected her memory and attitude. She was never the kind of lady to give up, and has always been strong, but Mom says she just doesn't seem to want to get much better. So while I'll be posting beautiful family and beach pictures via facebook on our trip, please say a prayer for me to be strong and uplifting for them. These are two people I absolutely adore and have been blessed to know and I'm not doing a great job of staying tough when it comes to this subject. 

As I look out the window at 9 inches of snow and avoiding going out in very cold temperatures, I can't wait to be posting those beach pictures very soon. :)

1 comment:

  1. Thinking of you all and especially of your grandmother. I hope you guys have some wonderful family time together.

    ReplyDelete