Sunday, April 5, 2015

Easter 2015

I have so many great Easter memories from my childhood, so it is a very special holiday for me. We had a great time with our little traditions.

The kids had such a fun time dying eggs. They are now both a great age where you can just let them loose to do their thing. Makin kept commenting how much he loved it. Lorelei loved experimenting with colors and painting pictures on a few. We made as many as we thought we could eat ourselves within 2 weeks, but they could have kept going much longer. Going to have to find a family who needs some dyed for them next year. :)


Makin worked on his reading with the eggs I made last year.




We loved our egg lunches again this year. I actually made sure we had them twice!


They come up with the idea to play "guess what I'm chewing" and had lots of fun with that.




We enjoyed our Easter Sunday.

It was a bit of an up and down morning when Makin woke up not feeling well (as in I was changing plans for us to stay home all day) but he perked up and we were able to spend our day as planned.

They loved finding their baskets and enjoying the surprises inside.



We had our own special breakfast. I grew up with a huge church breakfast every Easter morning, so ours had to be something special. This was my first time making balloon buns/resurrection rolls.



All spiffed up for church.



We enjoyed lunch and the afternoon with the Smith family. Evan and Alea hid eggs for the kids (color coordinated too) and we enjoyed some games after lunch as well. The kid's favorite part was playing with their dog Lindsey.


Happy Easter!

2 comments:

  1. I love your family picture! So many other wonderful ones too of the kids all dressed up. Great idea with the egg lunches. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great family photo! The kids looks so nice in they church clothes. You always do holidays so well, but this Easter looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete