Thursday, May 28, 2015

A Friend Loves At All Times...

This week we said goodbye to a woman I was privileged to know, Audry Gragert. She showed kindness and caring to everyone. A few of my favorite memories were her hosting countless get-togethers for our friends, and taking me along on family trips to Canada, the Grand Canyon, San Francisco, Oregon and Seattle. My heart aches for my friend and her family who are missing her dearly. She planted seeds of kindness in many peoples lives and we got a chance to see her powerful impact while at her funeral.




Amanda and I grew up together. You have seen bits and pieces of her on this blog. Throughout our friendship her family became a second family to me. We found out a couple of months ago her mom was very sick with kidney cancer. Brad and I deliberated when I should go to offer my support. That day became obvious, when Audry was quickly put into hospice, and passed away within 24 hours. We packed up from the Stahl's house, drove home (slept, did two loads of laundry and repacked) and then I drove down the Oklahoma to drop off the kids at my mom and dad's place. I was so thankful that my mom was done with school and was very happy to watch the kids for a while, and I could just concentrate my energy on supporting Amanda any way I could.



What can you do for a friend who lost her mom? It seems the impossible task. I was relieved she had a team of support as I arrived, but I was glad I could contribute. We had coffee, wine, margaritas, laughs, cries, and hugs. I had fun helping with Sydney, and then when my parents arrived with the kids, they loved seeing her too.
















Mom and I then took Sydney out with the kids for some fun at the discovery center on Wednesday.


I love that our kids are friends even though they only see each other once a year or so. :)

Had to end with something for Amanda...thought this was a good one...

Isaiah 41:10 fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful post! I can't tell you enough how much I appreciate you. I can't imagine going through this without you. Having you by m side meant the world to me. I also can't tell you how much help you were with Sydney. I'm blessed to have you as my dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the hand holding pic of them - it belongs in a frame!!!!

    ReplyDelete