Sunday, May 10, 2015

Mother's Day

I really enjoyed last-year's Mother's Day, so I wanted to keep some of the same plans. Maybe they will become traditions for a few years. :)

One thing I have to mention was how fun it was to observe the kid's anticipation of giving this year. They loved plotting with Brad about going to the store to shop for me for Mother's Day. They really haven't gotten any gifts or really helped pick many yet, and are just getting to the point where they put more time, thoughtfulness and effort into cards etc. It was really fun to see.

The highlights:

Sleeping In.

Breakfast in bed prepared by Brad.
(Along with cards and a few gifts, one of which included wrinkle cream. My kids are adamant that I need it [I do!] but I realize this is not a normal gift request for kids their age.  ;) It all comes from a book we read, where a mermaid is putting on night cream. They asked about it, which then turned into 6 months+ of them telling me I needed to use it. I have never gotten around to buying it, so made sure Brad knew he was in charge of googling and finding me a good one. :) Don't worry, I also got a Starbucks gift card and chocolates. :)) And no, I didn't eat ALL those cinnamon rolls, it was a family breakfast. :)

Lunch/Nap Off (I got to read! I cannot renew my book again!)

Red Lobster Supper! (Yes, we drove over an hour for this!)


So thankful I get to raise these kids and be their mom!




The bottom half of Lorelei's card from school. :)


1 comment:

  1. That's a great picture of you and the kids! Sounds like a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete