Sunday, June 21, 2015

Summer Nana Visit

We love that my mom has summers off so she can spend a low-key week with us.

We started out her week with Mexican Monday (enjoying a chips and salsa snack, pre-supper) and she was excited to watch a tball game, however it got cancelled due to rain that morning and what they thought was a wet field. We did not know this until we showed up at the field, so we had a little practice game at the park nearby. (Which I wish I would have taken a picture of!)





Tuesday we headed to the library to learn more about animals. The women who spoke brought pets she has on her "farm" of 400 animals. We learned quite a bit and got to pet a few too. I think the one in the picture was some type of lizard.









Showing of their adorable floaties from Nana.
We had pool time any afternoons that were free.
Somehow we fit in a Rudolf The Red Nosed Reindeer game and paper doll creations this day too...not sure how, but picture order doesn't lie! :) And yes...a Christmas game in June. I'm just glad Nana had to play it while I cooked!


I requested mom bring my old paper dolls to see if L liked them. Somehow this turned into Nana drawing a mermaid for her to color, and then having to make extra mermaid outfits so she could be a paper doll. Lorelei really like this activity, I think it was the best part of her day that day. :)



We headed to the river Wednesday with Drue, and also made sure to go to a park that afternoon. So thankful we finally have warm weather!











I'm going to do a post with more river pics, but this one was a fun "Nana" moment. Makin's favorite thing to do is cannon balls. So, the three kids raced through the shallow part to then jump into the deeper part. Nana was in charge of starting their race, and would sometimes make them do something besides "go" like "dance like a monkey" or other silly things. Loved hearing them laugh. It was also nice having another adult along who could stay with two while one wanted to go somewhere else along the river. :)


That afternoon they did a craft mom brought, which was stringing beads and cut-up straws to make a 4th of July necklace. They could choose whatever pattern they wanted. They turned out so cute! Keep you eyes out for them on the 4th post! :)



Thursday I started my summer Bible study, so mom joined us for that, that afternoon I think we headed to the library for books and also some DVDs for our trip.


Friday we had our Little House On The Prairie adventure. We live only 3 1/2 hours south of the Ingall's Homestead, so I wanted to make a trip there while we lived that close. Brad had zero interest in this (although he does get to read some chapters from the books at bedtime! :) ) so he suggested I find another person to go along for this trip. When I suggested it to mom, she was up for the visit. We had such a fun time.

(Decided to post this trip separately...so stay tuned! ;) )



Saturday mom and I fit a little garage saling and Hobby Lobby shopping in while the kids got Dad time. Then we hung out poolside for the afternoon.










Sunday was celebrating Father's Day and hanging around home. :)


We love you Nana!
Thanks for a great visit!

1 comment:

  1. Such a special Nana visit. So glad that you guys all have the time together to make these amazing memories.

    ReplyDelete