Monday, July 27, 2015

Grandma 'Nita

About 40 years ago my dad was welcomed into a new town by a special lady named Juanita. She invited him to church and they were friends ever since. Even though she had plenty of her own family, she treated us like her own. We didn't live close to any grandparents, so we had a couple of adopted ones that were such a blessing to us. I remember walking quietly towards the front of church (which was really only half-way up, but when you are 4 it seems really far from the back pew!) to sit with her and get a treat during the service. She was my godmother and always made me feel special. She even took me to get my first makeup and I chuckled that she ate her tator tots with a fork. Grandma Juanita passed away on Thursday at the age of 95. She lived a full life and I'm glad she is no longer in pain, but she will be dearly missed.


I just so happened to go through my mountain of cards I had saved throughout the years and found quite a few from her. Just another way to remind me how blessed we were to have her in our lives.


2 comments:

  1. She was a dear lady. I'm sorry for the pain to your heart in her absence, but I know you have so many wonderful memories of her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending my love and thoughts to you and your family. What an amazing person to have in your life.

    ReplyDelete