Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Makin At 5 1/2

At 5 1/2 you...

Make me laugh on a daily basis.

Love shooting your bow and arrow inside and outside the house.

Are attempting to master using air quotes correctly and it is hilarious to watch.

Fully invest in helping me keep our grocery budget on target and already know about coupons and finding the best bargains. Once I found a package of paper plates that had the packaging damaged so I chose a different stack. You said, "But you could ask for a discount!" I will miss my shopping buddy when you are at school next year.

Are testing the waters a bit more with your independence and we have to deal with more power struggles and tears than we are used to.

Just something about the hooded-towel-after-shower look
that I wanted to capture. :)
Seem to really enjoy playing on your own (most days) while we girls are doing school work. I sometimes feel guilty about this, but it has even been your "looking forward to" at supper occasionally, so I think mostly its good for you. :) I love seeing the many ways you find to keep busy and there is quite a variety, so I can never predict what you will feel like playing.

Still struggle to walk with your heals on the ground. We may need another round of dimes or the like soon.

Loving Ipad time at the library while L is at gymnastics.
Handle kids who are bullying/annoying you amazingly well.

Can't stop yourself from rocking-out/dancing/moving in any way to a beat when upbeat songs are playing.


Quotable Moments:

Me: How is Paul doing? (The kid in school who crashed his train, who also happens to be the one who is allergic to peanuts. I was meaning was he doing better about playing nicely...)
Makin: He's doing fine. He hasn't started sneezing yet.

Me: You wouldn't want to eat donuts for lunch!
M: Yeah I would!


Lor: I'm scared! (to use the bathroom...in our house...for the 100th time)
Makin: God is with you!!!

"Sour cream and onion chips are my favorite...even though I don't like sour cream."

(Nana got them digital watches for Vday and it has been hilarious to hear him read the times!) "It's 30 o' 10." (10:30)

Me: Heavens to Betsy!
M: Heavens to Steve!

Me: This is one of those days I wish I had a Diet Coke in the house because I would have one right now.
Makin: You could drink a wine...

(Discussing turning bad/hard things into good - prompted by a song we were listening to.)
Lor: Maybe Makin will be a doctor! (Because of surgeries etc aka hard thing)
Makin:  I do NOT like blood. (looking at her like NO. WAY.)


Me: When are you going to be done with your growth spurt?
M: (Without missing a beat, matter-of-factly...) July.

I was asking the family for requests for our monthly menu...
"It landed on pancakes." (We stare blankly...) "I have a spinner in my head. Oh - delete- it landed on tacos."

(As I'm cleaning the bathroom...)
"Is this bathroom closed?"


Me: Will your room be clean?
M: Well...maybe...Are you supposing our closet to be clean?"
Me: Yes...
M: Uh oh...

1 comment:

  1. Love all of all of Makin's comments! And he looks so handsome in his blue striped shirt on the porch.

    ReplyDelete