Thursday, May 26, 2016

Finishing Up Preschool

After walking through the halls of Makin's preschool at some point in April I really started to feel that sadness of getting out of this stage. For some reason it felt like the preschool stage would go on forever and the realization that I will have two in grade school next year just feels so...old. I love the preschool stage. I love all the crafts hanging on the walls. I love circle time and center time...its just a fun age, and I'm so glad Makin has enjoyed this school year. He always has something new and fun from his day that he shares on the drive after school.

Pajama Day with Bunny
He loved being able to bring a stuffed animal that day
and they played with them during center time.

One thing I wanted to note was how proud I was of Makin's choices even at this young age. There were a couple of times he mentioned that some of the boys in his class were making bad choices and "trying to ruin the girl's day" so he did not play with them when they were doing that. I love that he already has that discernment and ability to not follow the crowd.

I was thrilled that Makin had a program in his classroom a couple weeks before school ended. They sang a few songs and then were presented with their preschool certificate.

Songs:



Certificate:








He has enjoyed his year with Ms. Pam and Ms. Padma.
When he filled out his end-of-school cards for them, it said, "What I am going to miss most is..."
and he put "You" on each card. :)

This is what his teacher wrote on a comment for the assessment page they sent home: Makin is kind and well-mannered and excited about learning. He excels academically and will do well in kindergarten. We will miss him so much and wish you all a fantastic summer.



For his official last day they had a "field day" which meant they played a bunch of fun games inside and out. He really enjoyed it and it was a great way to end the year.


Makin's End Of School Year Interview - Preschool
What is your favorite class? Music
What is the best part of the school day? Recess
Who are your friends? Lynnwood and Victoria
What is something you learned in science? Celery in water changed color
What is something you learned in math? Adding
What is your favorite book that someone read to you? A duck making soup.
What food do you like to eat at snack? Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal
What is your favorite game to play at recess? Catch the Book
What do you like about your teachers? They are nice.
What do you look forward to for summer? Swimming



Last day celebration treat!

2 comments:

  1. Such a bittersweet time, but so proud of this little man. He certainly is wise & kind. Have fun this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely understand that sadness at kids growing up. It happens so quickly! When I was studying for the bar at Central Library, I kept watching the moms and toddlers come in for their story time classes and it made me so nostalgic. Glad Makin had a wonderful school year and I hope you guys have an amazing summer.

    ReplyDelete