Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Special Time

I really cherish getting one-on-one with my kids. There is just nothing like it and while we make it a priority most months to have a date, there is just something about having that special time more often if possible.


Lorelei's school actually got out a week and a half earlier than most of the schools around here.
(Won't that be nice someday for an early vacation!?)
So, we were thrilled to get three afternoons of girl one-on-one while Makin was at preschool!

We...

Worked on a stepping stone kit she got for her birthday. 
(Brad did preschool drop off and pickup this time.)
It was nice to have time for the two of us around the house. We also took some down-time to color together. I was also surprised at a few of her choices after finishing up her stepping stone, like playing catch on the trampoline. We also happened to notice there was a small snail on the patio, so we got some close-up looks we had never seen before.




Got Lorelei's hair trimmed at a special kid's salon. She felt so girly and special. :) 
She also decided to use some of her money to buy a special perfume you could make yourself there.



Headed to the mall to have a treat, ride the carousel and spend some of her Christmas money.

After her interest in the perfume, I had to show her the variety of scents she could try at Bath and Body works. It was fun trying a few samples. We also happened to run into a classmate at the play area, who had just come from seeing her new baby sister. :)



It was such a treat to get a few days of girl time!



To go along with the preschool era, this is the end of my precious one-on-one with my little man I have so enjoyed the last two years. I'm so thankful for the time just the two of us and will treasure it always. So, since I was getting more and more sentimental realizing it was almost gone...there were plenty of pictures of some of our fun. :)

This kid always laughs so hard when we play catch.
And no I'm not THAT bad!

Nothing like Starbucks and book time!

We love Checkers and Super Tic Tac Toe

One day after copies we decided to head to the library.
We just happened to catch story time with Splat The Cat!

This boy loves Krispy Kreme.
It is always his first choice if you ask him where we should go.

This day he chose the carousel at the mall and Dip N Dots.
And yes, this kid is smart enough to know mommy is being a bit indulgent these last couple of weeks!

I'm going to miss my little shopping helper!!!
Did I mention being indulgent? Vanilla milk? Sure!
I can't do justice to writing about how much I am going to miss this one on one with him.
It has been such an sweet blessing for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment