Friday, June 17, 2016

Summer Fun - Aquatic Center, Swim Outing, 11 Years, Mad Sceintists, and Peach Farm

My plan for the summer is that we will swim about 5-6 days of the week. I will likely wait to post those pictures until I have a few I can combine. :) The luxury of having a pool you can walk across the street to has been absolutely wonderful and the kids are swimming like little happy fish almost every day. :)


Aquatic Center
 Mary asked us to join them for a trip to the aquatic center because this was on their summer bucket list, so we couldn't pass up a chance to go with friends. Especially friends who are moving away the following week. I'm more than a little sad to say goodbye to our sweet Hughes family, but we are being supportive friends and know they will bless all they meet in their new community, just as they have here. Mary and I have hopes of at least meeting half-way (which will be 1 1/2 hours from here) occasionally.

As for this summer-fun item, the kids had a blast going down many different slides as well as the lazy (more like crazy) river. 
I wish I could have water-proof camera-sunglasses to capture all the big smiles. :)



Swim Outing
Since our church is 40 minutes away, I just started joining a women's group closer to home for some outings. They had a group meet at a community pool close-to-home and Lorelei was thrilled her friend from gymnastics was there.



Celebrating 11 Years
Brad and I were able to go out on a date for our anniversary this year.
We enjoyed Outback Steakhouse and even had patio seating. :)



Library Event - Mad Scientist
There are so many events going on at our library, I am actually being quite selective about the ones we choose to attend. I snatched up the schedule as soon as it came out and starred the ones I felt would be our favorites. Science experiments are always a hit with my kids, so I knew they would enjoy the mad scientist. I was quite surprised when Lorelei continued to raise her hand each time he asked for volunteers, and sure enough she was chosen to go up on stage to help teach about sound/molecules. :) Proud of our somewhat-shy girl for getting in front of lots of people!
All the children were able to get up-close for the final demonstration where he blasted toilet paper using some kind of air. They thought that was pretty fun.



Peach Farm
We headed just 20 minutes away to try out a local farm's peach and blackberry picking.
The Armstrongs were up for going with us, and had never picked either of the fruits.
While I do miss our picturesque Nebraska peach picking, this was a nice adventure close to home. We will likely go back a few more times as the peaches continue to ripen through July.
It was about 100 degrees when we were picking, so I did not get my usual cute "peach picking" kids picture this time around! Hoping for our next visit!


So juicy!

HUGE Blackberries!

Climbing to find a ripe one!
"Everybody look hot and tired!"
Then we cooled off in the Armstrong's pool!

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful summer fun all around. Having a pool close by is amazing! So sad to hear that the Hughes family is moving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you got to have a fun time with Hughes family! Looks like lots of fun. We are amazed how big those blackberries are! Happy anniversary, as well!

    ReplyDelete