Saturday, February 4, 2017

Eldon

This week we said goodbye to a close family friend, Amanda's dad, Eldon. One of my first memories of him was when he had to drive me home in his old blue pickup (on multiple occasions) when I would get home-sick at our attempted sleep overs. Then he and Audry were brave enough to take four junior high girls to Dallas for a weekend. Soon after followed some unforgettable and amazing vacations mixed with me coming along to help with his DJ business throughout our high school years. He also had no problem hosting plenty of teenage gatherings at his place, often complete with karaoke and use of his equipment for good music, making everyone feel welcome.

He was a guy who could really enjoy fun and a new adventure, and I'm so thankful I was along for many of those adventures. I'm also so glad I still get to see many aspects of his personality shining through in Amanda and Sydney and I will cherish that in them.

Eldon and Audry with Makin, Sydney and Lorelei
April 2011
I'm thankful I will have the opportunity to visit Amanda when the timing is right and she needs some extra help. We talked and decided to wait until the crowds left so I could offer her support in the weeks to come, when life gets back to her new normal...along with the realities of dealing with the tasks that come after loosing a loved one. I'm grateful my parents were able to go and offer her condolences on behalf of our family for the funeral. It is not easy being in your 30s and loosing both of your parents. I'm proud to call this strong woman my friend.

Amanda and family, it was only about a year and a half ago I posted this verse for you, but I figured I better post it again.

Isaiah 41:10 fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this very sweet tribute. Looking forward to your visit!!!

    ReplyDelete