Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Florida Family Time

We were only a couple of hours away from my uncles, aunt and grandma, so we made the jaunt south to visit for a couple of days. Although it was hard to see my grandma and realize she no longer remembers my name, we hope we brought some bits of joy to her for a couple of days. We are so thankful for my aunt and uncle for having us in their home.


We enjoyed several rounds of Yahtzee and Uncle Brian gave them bowls of ice cream both nights.

They loved swimming in the pool!


When planning the days to visit my aunt and uncle the kids said,
"We have to go to the beach with them! They are the best at finding shells!" So we did.

We visited Grandma in her housing facility.
Brad and the kiddos played checkers while Grandma and I watched and chatted.

It was great to get a few glimpses of Grandma in a few things she said.
This disease is so difficult to comprehend. You are mourning the loss of someone who is still right here next to you.
All I can focus on is that I'm thankful for the years we have had, so thankful for her legacy.

No comments:

Post a Comment