Saturday, March 9, 2019

Makin at 8 1/2

You continue to grow (literally, you were happy you almost kept up with your sister again these last 6 months and grew an extra 1 1/4 inches) and make us smile each day.

You are really enjoying drums and have a natural rhythm. Although I have always seen this about you it definitely shows when you practice. You are thrilled to have an electric drum set. I often have to ask you to stop drumming anywhere you are.

You are into Pokemon, much to my dismay. I'm not a fan, but you have become one nonetheless.

You still love Legos. (You know I love that!)

You are still all about sports and will play pretty much anything when given the chance.

Mondays, while L is in hula, give us some creative game time.
You are getting a tiny bit more into reading...preferring Encyclopedia Brown and Capital Mysteries. You absolutely loved me reading The Chronicles of Narnia over break. You really love read-alouds and really like the adventure aspect of the Narnia books.

You are always sweet and ready to give hugs when needed.

You have probably always been this way but I noticed your analytical mind more the other day
as we played a game. I was winning, so you asked, "What's your strategy?"

You love making up your own games.


Quotable Moments:

(As we are doing our food groups planning for a school assignment I'm telling him we usually have chips with sandwiches but we need a veggie.) "Sour cream and onion chips. I can put onions."

Me: Would you wear this jacket? (As in, a dapper suit jacket from GAP I found at a consignment store.)
Makin: If you get me a cat I will wear it every day.

Me: Its the only size they had.
Makin: Well its a good size.

(Observed a high school aged girl spilling ice everywhere...) "Well, that's high schoolers for you."

"Please mom, it would make my day."

M: Can we have milk today since Monday was National Milk Day?
Me: Sure. (Pours milks, then thinks for a second...) Wait, who told you it was National Milk Day?
M: It was on the signs at Illuminate.
Me: That was MLK day...Martin Luther King Jr, not milk day!

"You know he's...ya know, inappropriate?

(Discussing CMA building an additional facility...) "Ya know, if Florida was Texas, they'd be done by now."

(Brad deliberating about golfing vs work one afternoon...) "Would it bring you joy?"


"Get me screaming for ice cream."
This guy celebrated 8 1/2 with cookies and cream ice cream and some golfing with Dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment