Wednesday, September 23, 2009

First Day of Fall

We are happy the fall is here! One of our tree's across the road is already shedding plenty of leaves so had to get out and explore. As I'm typing now the keyboard is covered in flour because I'm baking leaf cookies! Fall is my favorite season and can't wait for the weather to join the calendar. Now I know some of you are reading this in sweaters and turtle necks in the Midwest, and I'm not complaining but am excited for it to get cooler here again this weekend.

For the first day of fall Lorelei and I took a trip to Starbucks (had to get the pumpkin spice latte) and also tried out a new park. We will probably make this a regular park because it has a ramp and small slides which makes it easier for this little girl! :) During Lorelei's nap I even got the house decorated for fall. Lorelei was very intrigued by the new decor and really loves the scarecrow. I think she would like to use it as another doll! After Brad came home from work we ran a couple of errands, which included picking out a few new toys with Lorelei's birthday money, always fun!


Thought you would get a kick out of how Lorelei looked after our trip to the park for playgroup today. This is even the second round of dirt. I washed of the first coating at the park. We enjoyed playing with friends and one friend even brought cupcakes! Yum! She also got to ride in a wagon one family brought with a big sister to pull her!









Thought you would also like to see we are making progress with eating like a big girl! Bought a couple of spoons that looked great for scooping and it was a hit with our applesauce! Hopefully will keep it up with more things soon. I must mention also that she also tends to "chug" her food, holding the whole bowl up to her mouth! :) Its rather amusing. Another fun thing she does now is goes "uuuuu" when we are riding on something bumpy in the shopping cart or stroller because she likes the sound it makes. Keeps me amused as well! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment