Sunday, November 22, 2009

Brrr!

Sorry for the lack of blogging this week! Somehow the time has just gotten away from me. It has been a trying week with Lorelei getting some more new teeth in. I call them her canine teeth because I'm not sure the correct term. They seem to be a doosy though!

The picture is Lorelei bundled up in her "I Spy" blanket. We have played "I Spy" every day lately. She also loves me to wrap blankets around her "snug as a bug in a rug". :) We'll work on video taping her finding the various patches later.

Wednesday we had a mini feast with moms group, where we had mini turkey sandwiches (with real turkey!) mini cornbread muffins, mini cheese puffed pastry, spinach cheese dip, and mini pumpkin pies. YUM!

Thursday Lorelei got her H1N1 shot and then I had an unsuccessful trip hunting for a winter coat for her. Found one later that night when Brad got home and I could run to the mall.

Friday we used the now much-needed winter coat to bundle up and go to the park. It was supposed to be a moms club scavenger hunt but since only three of us showed up. Since it was Sara, Melissa and I we just ended up letting the kids play and catching up on exciting things like their possible baby names (they are both expecting in April/May) and Melissa's trip to California. :)

Saturday was wonderful, especially compared to the rest of the week. Lorelei seemed to be feeling better, although still wanting the paci, which we are letting her have because of teething. Hope we can break the habit again without too much trouble....Anyway, we had a very lazy day and stayed in our pjs as long as possible! I can't remember the last time we just played and enjoyed our morning. Brad also got the important hair cut. I also got to bake during nap while he put in some extra time for a work project. We were excited to go to the parade that night, which will be the next post...probably done during nap. :)

The video is Lorelei's latest "cute thing". When you say "its cold out" or anything with cold, she goes "brrr" and shrugs her shoulders. Didn't teach her this, she just picked it up from me somehow. :) It actually come in handy at the parade because I knew when she got cold! :)

1 comment: