Thursday, November 12, 2009

The Old Man Is Snoring

As I write this we have a huge storm raging outside. I am just hoping that the electricity will stay on, especially so I can finish this and so that our apple turnovers will finish baking! :) They are calling it the November Nor'easter and wow it is powerful. Brad headed into work before they called him to let him know that the building was closed, so he could work from home. Thankfully he made it home safe and was able to get some work in from here. Here are a few things going on the last couple of days.

We got some shelving/totes in the mail to attempt to start organizing our toy collection. Lorelei was excited to see them in the morning and I love that the toys are way more organized and easy for her to see, so she plays with them more. Today the cow puppet has been her favorite thing and it was buried before so she hardly noticed it. Even though it is smaller than I thought, its doing its job.



Wednesday playgroup was at the pet store very close to our house. We got to pet a bunny and go into the bird cages (they are basically rooms, human sized). They also got out a snake but I passed on that adventure. Lorelei loved the bunny. :)









Lorelei loves to play in the dryer. What else are you supposed to do when it rains out? :)

Lorelei did not understand why Dad could not play with her when he was home all day! This is the reason for the chairs, obviously. We did love that he was able to take a lunch break and play, as well as no commute so was technically home early as well. We'll see what tomorrow brings since it supposed to be WORSE tomorrow morning. Yikes!

Low: lousy weather and being stuck inside

High: more time with Brad; Lorelei not being too bad for being stuck inside for two days; Sesame Street!


Quote: Brad was asking about my day this morning (Wed) and when I am first waking up don't feel like talking so was doing my own made up sign to answer "are you going to walk over there?" and I did what seemed to be the obvious sign to mean it would be raining and he said "you are going to take your magical floating car?" Maybe you had to be there but it cracked me up even when I was half asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment