Thursday, September 2, 2010

Lorelei Turns Two

Birthdays are always big celebrations around here, and I can't really believe we are already celebrating spending two wonderful years with Lorelei! We had a great day today and just wanted to share.

First things first of course - presents! :) We were very excited to see her reaction because we ended up finding a tricycle for her! We realized after her obsession with Kira's bike, it would be a huge hit, but weren't sure it was worth getting...I just happened to take a quick look at craiglist (of course, right?) and found one that normally sells for $120 for...get this $10!!! Couldn't miss that chance, and its actually the perfect trike because it has a long handle for the grown ups to push so I don't have to hunch over! It is also removable for when she learns to do it on her own. :) Thought you might enjoy the early morning reaction. :) She was very excited. And in case any of you know me very well...yes it is driving me nuts to have a primary colored bike with an Abby pink and purple helmet and horn, but it makes her happy! :)



Mickey Mouse pancakes! This is a tradition from my family that we enjoy doing for our birthdays as well. She was very excited and ate her whole pancake along with lots of strawberries. Brad went into work a bit late so that he could enjoy the morning with us. It was especially important since she even slept in this morning!







And this is how we pretty much spent the rest of our day! Lorelei wanted to go ride her bike immediately after breakfast and made sure to let me know she was not happy I was making her wait while I got dressed to take her out...this is why she is riding in her pjs! There was no way I would get her to wait to get dressed. She rode for about 45 minutes first thing this morning. We did enjoy some indoor play time with her other new toys. Then we went to McDonalds for a treat for lunch, and as soon as we got back we rode for 30 more minutes, only because I made her go take a nap...and as soon as she was up from nap instead of the usual "Mom! Mom!" I heard "Bike! Bike!" and walked into her room with her jumping up and down ready to head out again. This lasted at least another hour or so. She loves honking the horn and I have to remind her to steer quite often. Thankfully there is a lock for when you are pushing the handle so she can only slightly steer, but she is still getting the hang of it. I think Grandma and Nana will get a good work out while they are here...hopefully the weather will cool off for them!




















We had a fun lunch at McDonald's and even topped it off with her first (as far as I remember anyway) official ice cream cone! She even got sung to from Nana while she was there. Then that evening she was serenaded from Grandma, Hannah and Karter and of course Brad and I with her birthday cupcake! :) What a lucky birthday girl!

2 comments:

  1. SO fun! Glad the tricycle was such a hit!! Happy, happy birthday Lorelei!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun birthday! Happy Birthday Lei!

    ReplyDelete