Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Water Fun



I have been very sad thinking about the fact that this is Lorelei and My's last week together just the two of us. This meant I was determined to make sure and do plenty of fun stuff and very few errands, despite the heat. Tuesday we decided to try out the pool at the YMCA very close to our house. The first try is free and we had heard it was a fun place to go. As you can see it is full of potential, but this girl was not really ready for it yet. She still does not like water getting in her face with all the fun splash things. After trying out the turtle slide and mushroom in the kiddie pool, she decided she would rather just sit on the edge and put her feet in the water. Thank goodness it was free! :) Since I was already in my swimming suit I told her we could go swimming in our big pool at the apt, so we headed home and spent about 30 minutes swimming before calling it a day and having some lunch.

No pictures to speak of but we then went to Botanical Gardens on Wednesday for playgroup. She did a bit of splashing in the fountains but had a lot of fun exploring the children's garden instead. We even saw a lizard! :) Of course she tried to catch it. :) I was trying to give myself a break so we at least took the tram, but I was beyond exhausted on the way home and decided we had better make sure the rest of our week is fun INSIDE because this heat being 9 months pregnant just isn't the greatest idea! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment