Thursday, May 12, 2011

Puddly Muddly Mush

I have a feeling when Lorelei fills out something for Mother's Day at school it will go something like, "I love my mom because...she lets me get really dirty!" :)

Wednesday was a rough day as we were stuck inside waiting for a downpour all morning, and then watching the downpour all afternoon. It was one of those days where you meet your poor husband at the door, throw him the kids and lock yourself in your room.

I determined Thursday HAD to be better, and it was much, MUCH better. Thankfully I listened carefully to the weather report and, although there was more rain in the forecast, it was going to hold off till late morning/afternoon. This meant we were on a hunt for puddles!

We went out (without camera, gasp!) and enjoyed some wonderful puddle time first thing in the morning where Lorelei found most of her puddles on the tennis court and loved making footprints. Makin wanted to do it all too of course, but I did get him to stay in the stroller for a bit so I could look at the mail! (I know, I enjoy the small things these days!)

Then back upstairs for a quick nap for Makin, then back out decked out with boots, sand toys, and more importantly, CAMERA! :) We found a huge puddle on the sand volleyball court and enjoyed the rest of the morning there. Love these days!



1 comment: