Sunday, August 28, 2011

Daddy Weekend

And the first important task of "Daddy Weekend" is helping him make eggs for breakfast - his specialty! This is the weekend of my huge consignment sale where I get almost all of the kid's clothes for fall/winter and hopefully some birthday presents. Anyway, this time I tried my first ever volunteering for the sale. This meant I got to get in at 2:30, 30 minutes before most of the other volunteers (I got priority shift) and two and a half hours before the cosigners (all the people whose stuff we are buying!). Lets just say three huge Ikea bags and 5 hours later I was finally done with my shopping. Yes 5 hours. I don't know how I could have done it any faster! I was relieved to hear one other volunteer say she was there from 2:30 until 9 pm. See I'm not the only one! This meant I worked Sunday with the sale, I was mostly running items back that people decided not to purchase so that they would be on the racks. On my feet but at least I got some extra exercise in! :)

Anyway, this also meant Brad was in charge all of Saturday afternoon, including bedtime, and then Sunday after 10:30 until around 5. Not quite my usual full shift, but a big job nonetheless. :) The kids were absolutely thrilled to get extra time with Brad, and it is awesome to me that I can leave them for hours and not worry. So blessed to have an active daddy who knows what he is doing with the kiddos! They all loved their extra time and we are going to try and get them this time more often. :)

Lorelei tried on her kitty costume first when raiding the sale pile. Not sure this will be for Halloween, but knew she would love dressing up in it. We'll see what she ends up being!
















Loving wearing the bracelet I wore when shopping and loving her new Minnie PJs!

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous!!! Ummm, consignment sales here are no fun without you. I haven't been motivated to go at all -- it's just not the same. :-(

    ReplyDelete