Tuesday, December 13, 2011

15 Month Check Up

My new favorite picture!!!

We had Makin's 15 month check up today and it went well. Minus the torture of 4 shorts of course. :( The doctor is in agreement with me not to worry about speech until the 18 month mark, and Makin is doing great in all areas, and she said is not even that low when it comes to speech (from the form I filled out), so no worries! Sticking with our usual percentages he is weighing in at 26.13 lbs (Umm I think that means he has gained not even a pound in three months!? Have you seen this boy eat!?) which is 80th %, 32 3/4 in tall, 90%, and 18 3/4 in head, 55%.

And I am very excited to notice that he is starting to talk more! And his latest favorite to get mom excited? Car!!! That's really the next word that sounds like a word other than Mama, so its pretty fun. :) Other than that is
"eh" (yeah) which we get A LOT
"ah ma or meh" (your welcome)
"eye, or hi" (hi)
And I think he actually tried saying ball today too, but that was the first time, so I'll try to hold back my excitement. He has also tried saying Elmo, but again, just rare. Can't wait to see him talking more and more!

Couple of cute stories are when he was going to bath he came over to me going "mmmmm" to give me a kiss before bath. :) So sweet!

And he has a whine that I can hardly explain. Its the softest sweetest whine you will ever hear. I'll try and get it on video but I doubt it. Kinda compare to a very soft puppy whine. :) Anyway, when I baked coffee cakes he was wanting one right away (he has such a sweet tooth!) and when I told him he couldn't have one, he did his little whine and then laid his head on my shoulder to pout. :) We will see how long it stays sweet! And don't worry, we have full blown 5 minute fits in the post office to even it out!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE that photo of him! Sounds like he's doing great. Just want to give him a big, ol' hug!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blue and green are definitely his colors!! What a sweet, sweet boy with his soft whine. Sounds like his talking is pretty normal for a boy -- I know I've told you this before, but Chase didn't say a word until 22 months. And then he pretty much went right into speaking full sentences. Glad he's doing so well!

    ReplyDelete