Saturday, December 31, 2011

Ending The Year With Smoothies and Swings

What? New Years Eve? :) This is by far the least New-Years-Evish New Years Eve we have had yet, but it was a wonderful weekend nonetheless!

First of all, our kids have some amazing grandparents who got them an awesome Christmas gift - a swing set! Second of all, my amazing husband did an awesome job putting it together, with only me to help! Third of all, thanks to both of our dads, because with our upbringing, this was way easier. I was thankful he knew so much about tools and putting things together. (And had a some power tools as we needed to do a bit of drilling when necessary!) And I think Brad was glad his wife knows the difference between a Flat Head and a Phillips...and many other tools I might add. ;)

We started our morning with banana chocolate chip muffins and smoothies out on the patio. They finished inside, though, as cold smoothies and chilly early morning breezes made the picnic idea a little less appealing.


And this was us throughout the day. Kids playing outside, Brad working hard, and me assisting all of them. We loved the family outside time!


And I think my favorite Lorelei quote of the day was when she was stuck in the basketball hoop. "We may have to call the fire department!" :)

We didn't quite finish since we got a bit of a late start that morning. They are love love loving having our own playground in the backyard. :) Thank you Grandma and Grandpa!

1 comment:

  1. I loooove that pic of them at the top, outside! Makin looks annoyed that you interrupted him :) haha...i get so many like that too, cracks me up!

    ReplyDelete