Sunday, January 22, 2012

Lorelei's L's And More

She is finally willing to practice her L's!!! :)



I have seen a big change in her willingness to practice and learn new things lately...huge relief to this "teacher" mom. :) Not that she wants to sit still and do much...but at least we have some more moments like this than we used to!

As usual...been jotting down notes for over a month or two now so wanted to share a few...

Lorelei was playing with something invisible on the table and she handed it to Brad, said "Here Daddy" and then he promptly pretended to eat it. Then she yelled,
"No! Those pennies! Don't eat that!!!" :)

Lorelei was talking to Brad and as he tried to close the door, she caught the door with a, "I'm not done talking to you." Yeah, life with her is just like that car commercial with that little girl in the backseat yacking while the dad gets out etc...

When she tries to say waitress it comes out "oye tress" :)

Me: How many more bites do you think you should take? And don't say three.
Lor: One.

Me: Why do you look guilty?
Lor: I can't tell you because I'm gonna be in trouble.

And some things stay the same...her love for stuffed animals. :) This picture is her with T-Bone all dressed up along with her. :) They are her favorite things, that is for sure!

Watching her falling more and more into her big sister role makes me smile each day. She is becoming more and more the protector, watching out for him, along with a little bossing on the side...a few stories with that...

Makin was running away from us while I was talking to a manager in the grocery store and she took it upon herself to run after him, catch him and tackle him to the ground until I got there. :)

She will plant a juicy kiss on his forehead.

If he starts playing with the remotes she will simply move them to a higher spot where he can't reach...usually with some yelling in the process. "Mom! Makin have mote!"

A week or two before leaving for his surgery she softly asked me, "Mom, is Makin gonna be okay?"

I was getting frustrated at him hitting me one day, and she pointed out, "Maybe he is giving you high five?" Sure enough. Anytime I say anything positive he is very ready with his high five...even if I don't realize what I said. She looks out for him and thinks a lot about what he might be doing/feeling etc.

"That's my boy!"

"I'll keep an eye on him."

And my favorite was the other night as they were getting ready for bed she made a point to tell him, "I had fun with you today."

Oh and I cannot forget to mention her obsession with footsie jammies. At the fall/winter sale I intentionally did not try to get her footsies thinking they would be more difficult for her with bathroom, etc and that she may have outgrown them. Well, no way. We had one pair of footsie jammies and she would have a melt down as we tried to talk her into her other pajamas. In light of us being gone, I wanted to get some extra pairs to help with bedtime for the grandparents. Then Grandma got a couple more pairs on sale...so now the girl has like 10 pairs of pajamas...anybody want a pj party!? :) Only if half of you prefer non footsie, though. :) Can't complain too much as she is easy going with all the rest of her wardrobe!

Our sweet girl is growing up so fast! Loving age three!

2 comments:

  1. I always love reading these. Your girl never fails to bring a smile to my face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I think Lorelei has a new nickname from Syd. :) She was watching the video and kept asking to watch it "gen, gen, gen" (again). She kept trying to sound out Ls too, and after a while she got "lie" down. So I was looking at the blog with Syd on my lap and when she'd see a pic of Lorelei she'd yell "Lie!" I'm sure it won't stick after this morning, but it was sweet.

    ReplyDelete