Friday, January 6, 2012

Making Lemons Into Lemonade

Our week has been rough. What we thought was Makin's teething turned out to be some kind of virus, we think started with Brad (but we didn't notice a fever with him) and ended up hitting all of us. Just a low fever with achy body and fatigue. Not a good thing to have going around the house, especially when Brad can't take a sick day for me to recoup since he will miss all next week...so we survived. Lorelei had it mostly Wednesday and I had it mostly Thursday, so we had lots of veg time.

Then this morning started out with Makin waking up at 5:38 and as I was trying to get him back to sleep Lorelei started screaming and Brad was in the shower so I had two kids screaming that I knew needed to get back to sleep...eventually they did for about 30 minutes. I still didn't feel great, but was much better than the day before. However Lorelei, whether it was from just getting over being sick, or in anticipation of what she knows is coming up with us leaving, was having a record-breaking melt down morning. She would cry at the drop of a hat. Sooo it was quite a rough morning with all of this combined. But I had to run some errands that got put off from Thursday (and we also had to cancel a park play-date and supper play-date! grr!) and the errands went better (minus spilling coffee on myself) as we dropped off library books, turned in my papers to the court the dismiss my ticket, and even got Makin's hair cut! (Which was a super-cute moment. He sat perfectly content while she used the clippers. Wonder if it had to do with the lollipop I let him have? :) Then both kids, with lollipops in hand went over to a bench and sat together when we got outside. So fun.)

So by the time we got home it was beautiful out (high of 71 today!) and we decided to have a picnic lunch in the playhouse.


Then after nap we got more outside time. Makin's latest favorite game is for me to stand at the bottom of the hill so he can roll the ball down to me. I find it hilarious when I throw it back up to him and he closes his eyes with a big smile. He knows his mom has a tendency to manage to land the ball right on his head at least once! :)


And the highlight of my day was right before bed time! Lorelei and I came up with a fun plan for us to take some books out with a flashlight and read in the playhouse. :) Oh so fun to see a three-year-old react to being outside in the dark. Something so simple like this is just so much fun through their eyes. :) Loved it.

3 comments:

  1. Seems like the day ended pretty well, what a great idea to read outside at night! Something she'll remember forever :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad your rotten week ended on a good note. The after dark outside reading session sounds soooo fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You definitely made lemonade! Great haircut picture and I love the reading outside at night time.

    ReplyDelete