Wednesday, January 4, 2012

"Myself" Break-Through

Well, Lorelei is independent about many things, but lately I have been pushing her some things I had been slacking on...like getting herself dressed, and some others that are on the new chore chart! However, I intentionally did not put the "get yourself dressed" on the chart because it is a BIG frustration point at our house. She gets very, VERY frustrated that she can't do it perfectly and quickly, and while I'm trying to show her how she should do it, she ends up throwing things and screaming...so I thought I'd wait to add that to the list later. Well, much to my surprise, she stated she wanted to get dressed herself this morning. I helped her pick out pants to match the shirt she chose, and then left the room. Heard a few "ughh!!s" and "eeeehhh!s" and offered to help but she said "not yet" and then eventually marched out fully dressed (and pants even on the right way!) and quite proud. And she admitted, "I did get a widdo (little) bit mad though." In between all my gloating. :) So anyway, we are very excited to take a step in the right direction...and hope it continues to get even better! She even got her own socks on too...another point of contention as they are not so easy to get on, but I found out she will need it for gymnastics so wanted her to feel comfortable putting them on herself. Now, on to her own coat and own shoes! :)

3 comments:

  1. She looks great! So proud of her. I think it's sweet that she admitted she got a little mad. Good for her for hanging in there and getting it done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go, Lorelei! Cracked up at the "widdo". :-)

    ReplyDelete