Saturday, October 20, 2012

Milwaukee Zoo Day

I love the Milwaukee Zoo! We grew up going to this zoo every summer and have such great memories there. I have been so looking forward finally getting to take my own children to see it. :) 
It was definitely different going in the fall, but we had a great time in the COLD. Good thing we had our winter coats for this trip! Our highlights would have to be...watching the elephant attempt to figure out how to lift a log with his trunk (and using his foot to help him do it, I might add), seeing hippos actually move (they were eating apples in the water and even wiggled their ears! It's true!), and seeing a lion closer than ever. He was not very happy his kids were playing outside and he was inside (they are more like teenage kids, and we have no idea why but they were out and the mom and dad were in) and he even let out a huge roar.




The zoo on a cool fall day. Warm popcorn was a must. :)
I have a special attachment to this little red zoo train. Many pictures taken here throughout the years. :) And of course, both kids were loving the idea of their train ride at the end of our visit. We heard the whistle blow many times while walking through the zoo, followed with Makin saying, "Nain!" :) The fun part about going in the fall was that there were pumpkins EVERYWHERE throughout the zoo. Carved pumpkins. Hundreds of them. Got a quick shot of some fun ones they made look like flowers along the train route.

Had to add in some old pics for sentimental value. :)




The kids at the Milwaukee Zoo. By this time they were ready to be done, so this is the best we could do!


We stopped off quickly to pick up Grandma and Grandpa (the zoo is way too much walking for them now) and headed to my Uncle Gary and Aunt Michelle's house for supper. The kids had fun playing in their (and their neighbor's) backyard and watching a movie while we got to visit a bit.

Side Note: I must mention the amazing crackers we enjoyed for appetizers...Townhouse Flatbread Crisps - Sea Salt and Olive Oil.
GET THEM NOW!!! :)

2 comments:

  1. Loved this post. I remember hearing many stories about this zoo. Looks like a good time! Love the "retro" photos too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. SEE MOM, I AM NOT NUTS!!!! THEY WERE FROM THIS TRIP!!!! Did you try them at Gary and Michelle's? I always find learn new foods to LOVE at their house. Yummy!!!

    2. I can totally see Lorelei in you in your pigtail pic from the train, Elizabeth! (Not the most flattering picture of me, but I'll let it slide. ;))

    3. LOVE. THE. ZOO.

    ReplyDelete