Wednesday, October 24, 2012

S'Mores

I am sad to write that S'mores died on Wednesday morning. We really don't what happened exactly. At the end of September we took him to the vet when we figured out he was sick, and after meds and being fed with a syringe he seemed to be back to normal. Alysa and her parents took care of him on our trip and I honestly think they took great care of him. When he got back home he didn't have his usual appetite and wasn't very active.

These pics were taken the morning we took him to the vet several weeks ago. We had already talked to Lorelei as we thought he may not make it then. So, she is taking it pretty well. Of course, she has made several comments about it, but she has done ok.

A few sweet things I remember her saying about him throughout these weeks. "I love having a real animal, Mom." and "I always wanted a pet with whiskers." :) She also loved calling him Smoresies. :) We are not brave enough to try another guinea pig and not sure when we will give a pet another try.




2 comments:

  1. How sad! What a strong girl you have :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear about S'mores. :-( I'm glad that Lor is taking it OK.

    ReplyDelete