Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Goodbye Ugly Wallpaper

Okay so most of this happened a couple of weeks ago, but wanted a nice "finished" pic so had to wait a while to post!

Even though we are renting, it was worth my peace of mind and sanity to paint the kitchen. Yes, the men do not agree, but that is how I felt. I would enjoy my kitchen much more without these flowers all over the walls. Thankfully I had an understanding husband who went full force into taking it down and really ended up doing more work on it than I did. It was a process that spread out over at least two weeks as we tried to take down a few sections of paper and glue each night.

Yep. Soooo ugly.

Lorelei LOVED helping and was actually very good at tearing off the stuff.

Getting there...

Wishing Mom and Dad were playing rather than painting.

I determined the kitchen has got to be one of the most annoying places to paint because its so hard to do anything without functioning kitchen counters! And no, we didn't even eat out once!


Ta Da!!!
(This has been done for a few weeks, but I kept waiting because we have frames to put up by the kitchen table that are going to look super cute...but that isn't happening within the next week or two, so wanted to go ahead and post. Will put updated picture when we get the frames up. :) )




1 comment:

  1. Love the color and where you put the signs and LOVE the fact that Makin is standing on that chair in monkey slippers. You can add that to my list - adult monkey slippers. ;)

    ReplyDelete